Monday, June 22, 2009

San Francisco Trip Reflections

I can't believe this is my last day in San Francisco! I had a very nice stay. The weather was pleasant and mainly sunny, the hostel was one of the best i've ever stayed in, and I met some really nice people.

I had good food the entire time. The highlights were the authentic little sushi restaurant I went to that had just four little tables and an Indonesian cafe. I had an amazing coconut stew at the Indonesian place. My favorite dining experience though was at a Mediterranean fusion place in the Castro. I met some real characters.

I did a lot of walking (which unfortunately meant a lot of hills). There was an outdoor festival in North Beach, the Italian neighborhood, that I came across while heading to Coit Tower for a spectacular view of the city, the Bay, and bridges. I also spent a morning shopping around Union Square. Overall, I think I burned more calories than I consumed.

I also met someone who was a Giants season ticket holder, and I got to go see an As/Giants games for free. The Giants won. The stadium has a spectacular view out over the bay and looks appropriately toward Oakland. I can't believe how close up to the water the stadium is built.

On Friday, I went to MOMA and saw an Ansel Adams/Georgia O'Keefe exhibit.. It was pricey but worth it.

I'd totally make another trip out here again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great trip, Bill! Too bad you lost that Scrabble game, though.


wahahahahhaha